- 700 gm boneless bhetki/rohu or any other boneless fish.
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 1 tsp ginger pate
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 medium size onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder add more if you want more spicy
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 7-10 Green chilli finely chopped
- 5-6 egg whites
- Bread crumb to coat the balls
Method to make Fish Chop
- Clean and wash the boneless fish pieces and boil with 1/4 tsp of salt and turmeric powder for 8 min. Now smash the fish pieces when little warm.. Keep aside
- Boil 4 medium size potatoes the potatoes.
- When done, smash potatoes with fish pieces and make a smooth paste
- Take a skillet(kadai) heat 2-3 tsp oil and add chopped onions and chopped green chillies ginger-garlic paste, and saute for some time.Add potatoes and fish mixture and then mix nicely.
- Now sprinkle roasted cumin powder,red chilli powder,turmeric powder and garam masala powder. Saute everything nicely.
- Adjust salt and spices and then when done ,take off from flame and let it cool.
- Now make balls from that mixture and dip in beaten eggs mixed with salt and little red chilli powder and roll them on bread crumbs one by one and Keep aside for some time.
- Make sure there is no water / steam left into the mixture then while frying it will break.
- Deep fry them on medium flame and keep on paper napkin to absorb extra oil. Serve hot with geen salad and tomatoe ketc up.